Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What the Fuck is an Irish Bulldog? (Part II)

Pitbulls are supposed to get a lot of exercise. I’m not saying Red’s a pitbull or anything, but if she were she would definatley need a lot of exercise. She acts like a bulldog on occasion. I’m not sure if it’s just her natural temperament or if it’s on account of all the red meat I feed her. That and the neglect. The point is that she loves walks. Walks are great exercise for dogs. So we turn off Cleghorn onto Hill Street. Hill Street goes up at a seventy degree angle. That’s the type of exercise that makes me regret a steady diet of Hot Pockets and Slim Jims. Hill empties out into the back parking lot of the 1st Baptist Church. Before we bought our house, my wife asked the realtor why they called it the 1st Baptist Church. Apparently the town has two Baptist churches and this one was the first one built. Did they call it something else before the 2nd Baptist Church was built? Or did they always envision the town having more than one? I would have come up with a more creative name, but I’m not in the church-naming business. Hell, I’m not even in the soul-saving business. I’m in the dog walking business.

No comments: