Friday, July 25, 2008

Old Dirty Feline

Blacky is my 20+ year old cat. I've had him since I was five. My dad found him fully grown wandering the streets of Sullivan's Island after Hurricane Hugo back in 1989. I don't know how he made it considering the whole island was covered in water, but he did and he has been nothing but the best friend ever since. I told Bekki before we got hitched that if she marries me she marries Blacky as well.

I took him to get his nails done today. He was in desperate need of a manicure. He also got some calorie concentrated pet food that you can only get at the vet. Hopefully that will put some weight back on him. It feels weird to call him Blacky. Even though it is the name that five year old Mikey gave him, we've called him Dirt or Dirty Dirt for the past five years (a respectful homage to Old Dirty Bastard). I've also named the neighbors cat GZA. For those of you familiar with the Wu, it's funny.

*The pic is from our apartment in Charleston. I have some Mountain pics with him in the yard, but, alas, I could not find them. Trust me, there will be more pics to come.

No comments: